How we are helping
We know many of our members will have concerns about the impact of the current situation on their financial position, particularly their ability to meet premium payments. We’re here to help.
Rate increases frozen
Union Health is always committed to our members and wants to support them through this challenging time for the community. Therefore, the Board has made the decision to freeze the rate increase due to start on 1 April 2020 until 1 October 2020. We are proud to be one of the first funds to make this decision which we communicated to our members recently.
Financial hardship options
If you’re having difficulties in paying your premiums please get in touch and we’ll discuss our financial hardship options.
Hospital cover for COVID-19
As a further response to the crisis, all Union Health hospital covers will now include cover for private patient hospital admissions due to illnesses attributable to a positive diagnosis of COVID-19.
Normal membership conditions (such as waiting periods, excesses etc.) will apply.
Union Health has extended our extras policy coverage to include a variety of telehealth consultations to help our members maximise their health and wellbeing in these challenging times without having to travel for an appointment, find out more.
We’ll keep you updated on more services that you can access remotely as they become available.
Keeping in touch
Union Health will continue to do our best to provide our exceptional customer services for you. Most of our health fund staff are now working from home to ensure they stay well and provide continuity of service. Although we are working differently, there are still many options for you to keep in touch. These include:
- The Union Health app. This remains the fastest way to self-manage your membership details, submit claims and find benefit quotes for services. Don’t have it yet, find out more.
- The Union Health Member Portal – log in here to manage many aspects of your membership.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our consultants will usually get back to you within one working day.
- Chatting with us online via our website (8:00am - 6:00pm Mon-Thu; 8:00am - 5:00pm Fri).
- Calling our customer service team on 1300 661 283. If the matter isn’t urgent you may consider using one of the other contact options to keep our phone lines clear.
How you can help
Please continue to follow guidance from the Australian Government and the World Health Organisation and look after yourself and your family during this uncertain and stressful time.